What can I bring into the Facility?
What privileges do I have?
Do you offer any family counseling?
When are the property drop off hours?
Where are you located?
What are my expected daily activities while in treatment?
How long is your program?
Do you accept insurance?
Is this a “lockdown” facility?
How often can I call home?
What are the rooms like?
Are men and woman together in one facility?
What should I bring with me into the program?
May family members or friends talk to a counselor?
Are we able to go outside or do we strictly have to stay inside?
How often can I receive and send mail?
What privileges do I have? Back to Top
You may obtain privileges by submitting a written request containing your name, your date of entry, your counselor’s name, and the privilege you are requesting. The request is to be placed in your counselor’s envelope at the orientation desk on the Friday of any given week. Each Monday, your counselor will review your request based on the following guidelines:
- Clients must be in treatment at least 14 days to be eligible to request a privilege.
- Clients must be actively and fully participating in groups, individuals, working towards goal completion, behaving appropriately, invested for personal gain, etc. to “earn the privilege”. Clients, who fail in the judgment of the program’s staff to meet these criterions, will not be awarded privileges.
- No more than two visits and one phone call or one visit and two phone call or three phone call privileges may be earned in a four-week period of time and no more than one privilege in any one week may be earned or taken.
- An accumulation of 12 or more points in one week or a behavioral consequence of work detail automatically results in a disapproval of any request for a privilege during the following week. Staff shall also deny any request for privileges from clients who have demonstrated more recent misconduct of such a nature as to suggest a seriously negative trend on the part of the requesting client.
- If placed on work detail status, all current privileges are “lost” (i.e., a visit will be cancelled, etc.)
The following privileges may be requested after you have been in the program for fourteen days:
- Phone call(s)
Other available privileges after you have been in the program for thirty days that may be requested are:
- Day off your job function
- Three (3) one-hour lay downs
- Non-alcoholic, water soluble hair dye
- Full Status (stay up extra hour on weekends [Friday, Saturday, & Sunday], sleep in until 7:30 a.m. on Saturdays)
Additional Information Regarding Obtaining Privileges:
- Your counselor at his or her convenience will facilitate approved phone calls. All calls are to be billed to the client (phone card, collect, credit card, 3rd party, 1-800) and are to last no longer than ten (10) minutes.
- Once earned, the front office staff will schedule your approved visit. The visits usually occur on Wednesday or Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. Days of visits may change due to Holiday schedules.
- A day off job function privilege must be arranged in advance.
- Lay downs may not be used to miss scheduled therapy activities or otherwise interfere with your assigned duties in the treatment community.
Do you offer any family counseling? Back to Top
Not at this time.
When are the property drop off hours? Back to Top
8:00 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
What are my expected daily activities while in treatment? Back to Top
- TV time
- Game time (Board Games, Ping Pong, Shuffleboard and Billiards)
- Outside time (Basketball, Volleyball and walking trail)
How long is your program? Back to Top
Depends on the requirements.
Do you accept insurance? Back to Top
Not at this time.
Is this a “lockdown” facility? Back to Top
How often can I call home? Back to Top
An initial phone call can be made within 48 hours of admittance. All other phone calls are earned privileges.
What are the rooms like? Back to Top
We have dormitory style sleeping areas with bunk beds and lockers.
Are men and woman together in one facility? Back to Top
Men and women are in separate locations.
May family members or friends talk to a counselor? Back to Top
No – Our counselors typically do not talk to family members or friends on short notice.
Are we able to go outside or do we strictly have to stay inside? Back to Top
Weather permitting clients are able to go outside.
How often can I receive and send mail? Back to Top
You can receive mail at any time and can send mail at any time during their stay.
Can we visit the facility anytime? Back to Top
Your can visit the facility during family visit time only.